Great Aromatherapy For Summer Hecks
Summer’s finally here. That means it’s time for fun in the sun, but it also means oppressive heat and humidity, weekend warrior syndrome, and creeping, crawling, flying, stinging, biting bugs. so here are aromatherapy hacks to get you through summer comfortably.
Aromatherapy Hacks You Need
- Chill out – For a quick and lasting cool down, mix 5 drops of peppermint essential oil in 1 cup of epsom salt. Place 1-2 Tbsp in a cool foot bath and soak your feet until the water warms up. Hint: If you don’t feel like you’ve cooled down enough, simply add an ice cube or crushed ice to the water to prolong your chill time.
- Repel ants – Ants hate peppermint. Mix several drops of peppermint essential oil with vodka or witch hazel, put in a spray bottle and spray thresholds, windows, and any other place that ants are entering your house. Just be careful to keep pets and young children away from the sprayed areas.
- Keep trash from smelling bad – Heat can and will intensify the odor of your trash, sometimes to the point of being offensive. Add a couple drops of peppermint to trash bins to keep odors under control. Bonus: It will keep a lot of bugs away from it as well.
- Ease bug bite itch – Mix diluted lavender EO with some well-diluted peppermint (think 3-5 times more dilute than the lavender) and apply to your bug bites to relieve the itching and irritation.
- Soothe sunburn – Nothing takes the fun out of summer like a sunburn does. To take the burn out of your next sunburn, mix a few drops of lavender essential oil with some aloe vera gel and apply to the affected areas.
- Sleep better – Place a drop of either lavender or roman chamomile on your pillow to help you drift off to dreamland. Note: Do not use Roman chamomile if you’re allergic to ragweed as it’s in the same family of plants. Lavender Spray will help you and your children to sleep easily
- Scrapes and mild cuts – Wash the wound with soap and water then apply some diluted tea tree essential oil to help keep it free of infection.
- Fight fatigue – When you’ve overdone the fun &/or sun and are dragging tail, inhale the stimulating aroma of peppermint EO to keep you awake and alert.
- Bruises or other injuries (as long as skin is not broken) – Apply diluted Helichrysum italicum to the area to enhance your body’s own healing ability.
Always use essential oils with safety guides in your mind- Read here the safety use of essential oils