Autumn Skin Care inside and out
Autumn is a time to celebrate earth’s harvest of roots and squashes and show gratitude while the last of summer blooms liberate into the cold winter months.
This time of the year our skin changes with the season as it adapts to the drier environment elements like winds and layered clothes. Our skin has an important major function to our overall health- Skin controls body tempertures, provides a waterproof barrier, keeps out infections and protect against UV radiation.
When any of these functions are compromised due to skin injury, infection, skin issues like eczema, our immune system also becomes compromised and fatigue.
Autumn is a wonderful time to concentrate on your immune system’s strength as well as hydrate, protect and prepare your skin for the winter.
Autumn skin care tips:
· Cleanse with moisturizing, natural no-soap cleanser
· Gently exfoliate to remove extra skin cells produced during the summer. Use mild, natural scrub once or twice a week.
· Tone the skin with a mild, flower based toner– this will PH balance the skin, lift and return luster to the skin
· Protect the skin always by using a face cream with SPF
· Weekly treat your skin to nature’s whole foods. Seasonal fruits and enzymes from the fall season such as pumpkins and kiwi are a wonderful way to nourish the skin, lift and lighten pigmented summer skin. The antioxidants and vitamins in whole food kill free radicals and block the cells from invasion
Internal care tips
· Hydrate– drink plenty of water! H2O is a very important consition to hydrate our bodies. Plain and simple, lots of water…
· Eat your skin protectors and lifters– eating fruits and vegetables, roots and food rich in Omega 3 fatty acids will also hydrate and give the body healthy oils to coat and protect the internal organs and gives the skin the shine and health.
Autumn season best foods to consume:
Apples, avocado, pumpkins, clementines, kiwi, grapefruit, grapes, sweet potato, oranges, beets, pomegranate, persimmons, chestnuts, walnuts, kumquats.