Detox friendly summer popsicles
When it’s this hot outside, an icy-cold treat is heaven-sent. But there aren’t a lot of options in the frozen foods aisle that aren’t packed with sugar. These recipes for popsicles that are essentially frozen smoothies and fresh-pressed juices, all made with real fruit and no artificial ingredients and have a light detox effect!
Sweet and spicy, these lemonade-flavored popsicles are a perfect snack on a hot day.
380 ml filtered water
1 cup + 1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 cup non GMO agave nectar/ maple
cayenne pepper, to taste
1. Whisk together water, lemon juice, agave nectar, and cayenne pepper.
2. Pour into ice pop molds and freeze for at least 5 hours—these keep for up to 6 months.
Our favorite kale smoothie in popsicle form
1 banana, preferably very ripe
1/2 cup chopped kale
1 cup cubed pineapple
1. Purée banana, kale, and pineapple in a blender.
2. Pour into ice pop molds and freeze for at least 5 hours—these keep up to 6 months.
Detox water pops
These are great with any fruit, though our favorites are raspberries, blueberries, mango, pineapple, and kiwi.
3 cups coconut water
+/- 1 cup fruit of choice
1. Divide coconut water between ice pop molds.
2. Add fruit and freeze for at least 5 hours—these last up to 6 months.
So refreshing, but can be a tad too sweet. Start with 1/2 cup agave and add more to taste.
1/2 cup filtered water
1 cup non GMO agave nectar/maple
1/3 cup lightly packed basil leaves
1. Use a juicer to juice the cucumbers.
2. Blend cucumber juice with water, agave, and basil until smooth.
3. Pour into ice pop molds and freeze for at least 5 hours—these keep for up to 6 months.
Mint watermelon celebration pops
5 cups cubed seedless watermelon
1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
1. Blend watermelon and mint until smooth.
2. Pour into ice pop molds and freeze for at least 5 hours—these last up to 6 months.
The mint turns these popsicles a surprising color, but they taste like the best agua fresca you’ve ever had.