How To Natural Treat Dry or mature skin?
As we age, skin starts to dry out and fine lines begin to appear. But a bit of effort – and a good quality natural moisturizer can help your dry or mature skin keeps its glow and healthy look.
Mature/dry skin is often:
- Flaky, chapping and cracking.
- Prone to wrinkles which often start with “expression lines” around the mouth and eye area.
- Feeling tight after washing unless a moisturizer is applied.
- Tired and has an aged appearance.
If you haven’t changed your skincare routine for years, now may be the time to reassess. Many of us are guilty of using the same sorts of preparations for years without much thought of what’s going on at pore level. But as our skin ages and becomes drier, the performance of those once-effective skincare products reduces to the point where they’re no longer up to the job.
Dry skin can be the result of many different reasons:
- Dry skin is hereditary.
- It is caused by smoking, alcohol and refined sugars which are all very drying.
- Hormone level changes, which is part of the aging process.
- Pregnancy can affect your skin’s moisture levels.
- Birth control pills also have an unpredictable consequence on the skin.
- Cosmetics containing artificial chemicals.
- Wind and winter are the main weather issues, although air conditioning can have a drying effect especially during the winter months.
What we recommend
Toning: Light floral tonics that cool and refresh the skin (Rose & Geranium)
Exfoliate: Once a week use a gentle exfoliating to improve skin appearance.