Natural Homemade Baby Wipes Recipe – Easy and Inexpensive!
Ever checked the ingredients on your baby wipes?….
Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Caprylic Triglyceride, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Hydroxymethlyglycinate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Malic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben…..
Sounds bad right? Well it is!!!!
Homemade Baby Wipe Ingredients:
- 1 roll of heavy duty paper towels
- 1 container- (Old wipes containers, plastic shoe box containers, old plastic coffee containers or empty gallon plastic ice cream buckets also work. )
- 1 3/4 cups boiled water (or distilled)-cooled but still
- 1 Tablespoon of Pure Aloe Vera check the ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon of Pure witch hazel extract
- 2 Tablespoons of liquid natural soap
- 10 drops Grapefruit Seed Extract or 2 capsules of Vitamin E (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive or Almond Oil (optional)
- Essential Oils of choice – optional. For babies I will use Lavender/Chamomile
How to do it?
- Cut the roll of paper towels in half using a sharp knife
- If using a plastic shoe box or old wipe container, accordion fold the wipes into the container. If using a Rubbermaid ,place the wipes, cut side down in container.
- In bowl or quart size jar mix the water, aloe, witch hazel, soap, GSE/Vitamin E and oil and stir.
- Add essential oils if desired and stir
- Pour over paper towels in container and let absorb- this takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Flip the container over to make sure wipes are well soaked.
- If using Rubbermaid container, pull the cardboard roll out from the inside This should also pull the innermost wipe out and start them for you. Depending on the brand of paper towels you use, you might have to experiment with the amount of water to get the right amount.
- Use as you would regular wipes, and smile, knowing you are not causing your beautiful child any future health problems!
- Note: If your child has extremely sensitive skin, you may need to leave out the essential oils