Natural coughing treatment with essential oils
Essential oils are great natural defenses to all different kinds of sicknesses.
The cooler and drier weather certainly makes you more vulnerable to viruses such as colds, sore throats, and congestion. Lower humidity levels dry up our nasal passages, making it much more difficult to curb these pesky little “bugs.” Here we have outlined some recipes and essential oil uses to eliminate the misfortunes of seasonal illness.
Add essential oils to a diffuser
Putting a few drops of essential oils in your diffuser could offer immense relief. Oils such as lemon, eucalyptus, and peppermint will reduce the number of germs in your home as well as freshen up the air. Of course, there are a number of blended concoctions you can create as well to deal with these illnesses.
Consider these popular oils for the following symptoms:
- Peppermint relief of headaches, stemming from congestion
- Eucalyptus: Works as a decongestant, soothing respiratory issues
- Lemon: Works as a detoxifying agent for congestion
- Lavender: Has anti-inflammatory properties that helps with sinus pain and headaches
In case you’re wondering, diffusers break down essential oils into tiny molecules which are then projected into the air. With a quality diffuser, you can easily fill a significant sized room or work area.
Ease your sinus problems with a respiratory blend
If you’re looking for an essential oil blend that combines multiple natural properties, which will help with colds and congestion, you might consider crafting your own Respiratory Blend. This is a groundbreaking blend of therapeutic grade oils that ease your breathing patterns for a sustainable benefit. Some of the primary benefits of it include:
- Clear airways and overall breathing
- Enhances respiratory health
- Minimizes the impact of seasonal threats
To craft your own respiratory essential oil blend you’ll want to mix equal parts lemon, peppermint, lavender, and eucalyptus radiate
Use it in your diffuser, or blend it in carrier oil and massage the chest and upper back.
Recommendations for children
You can certainly use essential oils for sick children, but there are certain things to consider (if you’re unsure, we always recommend consulting a physician). One of the most important things is using a quality, all organic product that is safe for children.
You can use Pure’s Winter oil blend which is suitable for kids and very gentle while effective.
Prevention certainly doesn’t hurt
General prevention methods for colds, congestion, and influenza should also be kept in mind. Some may sound obvious, but we’ll point them out anyways:
- Wash hands frequently to fight germs. It doesn’t hurt to have a natural hand sanitizer on hand.
- Get plenty of sleep. It’s important for your body to get sufficient rest, particularly when you’ve been exposed to sickness.
- Eat healthy, nourishing foods. Providing your body with the right fuel will help maintain your health and energy levels.