A yummy Autumn pear smoothie recipe with the great flavors of pear and spices!
Roasting the pears brings out the fruit’s natural sweetness even more, for a tastes-like-candy result.
- 2 cups diced pears
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup plain protein powder
- 3/4 cup vegan milk
- 1/4 cup mashed banana
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss pears cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cardamom; roast on a sheet tray coated with cooking spray for 10 minutes and then allow to cool. Blend pears with protein powder, soymilk, and banana until smooth.
(Recipe courtesy of Chef Karla Williams of Hilton head health)