Pumpkin is Not Just for Eating! -Pumpkin Spice Body Scrub
The end of summer is the perfect time to take advantage of pumpkin’s amazing skin care benefits. To celebrate, why not have a pumpkin-themed, spa-at-home party this fall season and indulge?
According to the International Dermal Institute for Skin Care Therapy, pumpkins offer the following benefits to our skin:
- Help promote cell “turnover” or regrowth
- Smoothens skin
- Brightens skin
- Adds a dose of acne fighting zinc
- High in fatty acids and vitamin E
Whether they’re a puree or an oil, pumpkin-based products can help most skin types! How awesome is that?! Read on to see a super easy DIY body scrub for incorporating pumpkin into your fall skin care routine.
1. Exfoliate With Pumpkin Spice Body Scrub
Body scrubs are great exfoliants! They help slew off dry, dull skin and renew a natural glow. Remember to moisturize after any scrub or add in a few teaspoons of rich plant oil to your recipe.
Pumpkin Spice Body Scrub
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup organic canned pumpkin (or homemade pumpkin puree)
- Mix sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon together. Mix with pumpkin. Put on skin, scrub in circular motion, and rinse. All smooth and clean!