Be creative with your Valentine’s day gifts!
If Valentine’s Day is about declaring your love, then what could say it better than something from the heart: a homemade surprise that has “I know you’ll love this” written all over it. Turn your kitchen into a love lab with these basic and some not-so-basic ingredients that morph into luxurious, sensual gifts you’ll be clamoring to present to your paramour:
- Chocolate Body Paint: Who says chocolate is just for truffles? Spice things up this V Day and make your own chocolate body paint.
What you need?
- 6 ounces of good quality, grated dark chocolate and adding it to
- ½ cup of heavy cream that has been heated but not boiled.
- A dash of sweet liqueur such as Frangelico, Grand Marnier, or Tia Maria, along with any other flavors you might enjoy such as a dash of cayenne, cinnamon or citrus zest.
- Pour into individual ramekins and get food-grade, clean brushes, to paint your masterpiece. Reheat for 20 seconds if your “paint” needs warming and thinning because it will thicken as it cools. Note: keep in mind that chocolate can stain, and make sure not to overheat or over-spice!
- The Herbal Tea Bath Bag: Did you know a luxurious bath lurks in the pantry? Start by using cheesecloth or muslin to make a simple pocket that’s big enough to store ¼ cup of your customized mix
- Lavender is a soothing, comforting choice, as is dried chamomile flowers or rose petals. Mix with Epsom salts for added stress relief or try a milk tea bath using powdered milk, oatmeal and baking soda. Perhaps you need a pick-me-up? In this case, try a ¼ cup of each: dried rosemary, mint, sage and thyme, making sure to tie your tea pocket with twine or a nice ribbon will do the trick for numerous baths to come!
- Bath Cookies: Baked like a regular cookie, these fabulous treats are made to be dropped into the tub two at a time.
- Combine two cups of finely ground sea salt, ½ cup of baking soda, ½ cornstarch, 2 tablespoons of almond oil, 1 teaspoon of Vitamin E or Jojoba oil, 2 eggs and 6 drops of your favorite essential oil (Bulgarian rose, lavender, freesia or cinnamon are some to consider for their aphrodisiac qualities).
- Mix all ingredients together and roll resulting dough into 1 tsp balls. Bake at 350F for ten minutes and let cool completely before indulging in your personalized bath treat.
- Happy Valentine’s Day and eve!
Pure Aphrodisiac Body Oil– an amazing body oil which combines divine aphrodisiac oils, to give your loved one a sensual massage!