In pure’s products we use pure Vitamin E as a preservative because its a very strong antioxidant.
Vitamin E consider as an antioxidant superstar. It is one of the most well-known and researched antioxidants, both when taken orally and when used in skin-care products.
- Protecting the epidermis from early stages of ultraviolet light damage
- Increasing the efficacy of active sunscreen ingredients
- Reducing the formation of free radicals upon skin exposure to UVA rays and other sources of skin stress
- Preventing the peroxidation of fats, a leading source of cell membrane damage in the body
- Reducing transepidermal water loss from skin and strengthens the skin’s barrier function
Vitamin E and sun damages:
Vitamin E has a natural affinity to the skin but the amount of Vitamin E is reduced in the skin when exposed to sunlight. Environmental pollutants, as well as oxidation material in the body, cause the formation of “free radicals” , which wreaks havoc on the cells, and cause extensive damage, which can result in premature ageing.
Vitamin E helps to remove the formed “free radicals” and thereby ensures that oxidative damage is lessened and decreased, by disrupting the chain reaction caused by the free radicals.
The topical application of Vitamin E has also proven to be effective in reducing sun-induced skin wrinkling and has excellent skin moisturizing properties, also helping to prevent trans epidermal water-loss by the skin, thereby increasing the natural moisture content of the skin.
n tests done it was found that a solution containing 5% of Vitamin E acetate decreased the healing time required and also that Vitamin E increases the breaking strength of wounds. Vitamin E is required for healthy collagen in the skin – which is the support system in the skin and helps the skin to remain firm and healthy.