Aloe Cucumber Makeup Setting Spray: a cooling facial spray to help fix makeup and hydrate your skin!
Aloe vera Cucumber Makeup Setting Spray combines cooling Cucumber Hydrosol (water) with a special blend of ingredients. This special spray can help to fix makeup in place while keeping skin feeling fresh and moistened.
Makeup setting sprays are growing in popularity and are available in a huge variety of product stories. They can be used to make skin dewy, matte, or simply feel more moisturized or refreshed. The focus of your formulation can be placed on scent, ingredient benefit, or purpose.
Aloe Vera Gel helps to keep makeup in place and promotes a matte finish. To create a more dewy look.
Cucumber Hydrosol provides the light, refreshing aroma of cucumber in a delicate, water-soluble ingredient.
Diy Cucumber Hydrosol:
- 1.5 liter stainless steel sauce pan
- Lid to cover above sauce pan
- A brick or other non-heat conducting item
- A heat safe bowl or pyrex measuring cup
- Plenty of ice cubes
- Zip lock bags
- 10 medium sized cucumbers, chopped
Note: If you have a home distillation kit, simply load up the plant materials chamber with the sliced or chopped cucumbers. You may have to work in batches, depending on the size of your distillery equipment.
If you don’t have a home distillation kit, you can always improvise! It may not be as efficient as a proper distiller, and it will be a bit messier and less productive, but it works fine for home use!
- Begin by chopping up your cucumbers and layering them at the bottom of your stainless steel pot.
- Pour in some water over the cucumbers to prevent the pan from burning. Remember only a little water is needed. Just pour water until only ¼ of the cucumbers are under water.
- Now place a clean brick over the cucumbers, right in the center of the pan.
- Place your heat-resistant bowl over the brick. This is where your hydrosol will gather and be collected.
- Now turn on the heat and allow to simmer until you start seeing faint streams of vapor evaporating. This is when you put on the lid. Quickly place 2 or 3 zip lock bags filled with ice cubes or crushed ice over the lid.
- Inside your pot is where the magic of rudimentary steam distillation is happening! The heat makes the water under the cucumber boil and release steam. This steam then passes through the cucumber slices and makes the pure plant water locked within the cells of the cucumber to be released. It then rises above until it hits the lid on top. Due to the ice ontop of the lid, the temperature of the lid is very low and this causes the vapor to instantly turn from gaseous state into liquid state. From here the cucumber water droplets collect and drip down into the bowl.
Once the bowl is full, you can now harvest your beautiful cucumber water!
Witch Hazel is a aqueous herbal extract that is prized for use in both folk remedies and natural skin care. The plant boasts natural anti-inflammatory benefits, gentle astringent properties, and has a knack for balancing the skin. Witch Hazel makes an excellent addition to body sprays, facial toners, emulsified creams and lotions, and a wetting agent for bath bombs.
Aloe Vera Gel pure
Aloe Vera Gel is pressed from pure aloe leaves before being strained, decolorized, and pasteurized to increase its shelf-life. Aloe gel is known for its ability to soothe, cool, and refresh skin and hair. Unlike certain common commercial aloe vera gel products, pure Aloe Vera Gel has a liquid texture that is close to gel. Aloe vera benefits for your beauty
Palm-Free Vegetable Glycerin
Glycerin acts as a humectant, drawing moisture to the skin and helping to retain it there. Our Organic Palm-Free Vegetable Glycerin offers a sustainable alternative to the more common glycerin derived from palm products.
Aloe Cucumber Makeup Setting Spray Recipe
Makes two 4-ounce (120 ml) bottles
- 90 ml Cucumber Hydrosol
- 90 ml distilled water
- 30 ml Witch Hazel
- 30 ml Aloe Vera Gel
- 10 ml Palm-Free Vegetable Glycerin
- Combine hydrosol, distilled water, witch hazel, and aloe vera gel and glycerin in a small vessel and mix well.
- Transfer to clean, sterile bottles with spray nozzles trimmed to fit
- To use, shake well, then spritz the face once or twice