Much like the pores on your skin, hair follicles can become clogged with oil, dirt and product build-up, leaving you with lackluster strands and flat, limp hair. But this apple cider vinegar scalp scrub helps detox the scalp and get rid of impurities known to cause dandruff, hair fall, and oily locks.
If you use commercial hair products, chances are your shampoo is loaded with parabens, sulfates and other chemicals that may linger in your scalp and build up over time.
This ACV scalp scrub naturally sloughs off product build-up and removes dead skin cells that might be weighing your hair down. By getting rid of the impurities that can block hair follicles, you can help promote blood circulation, encourage hair growth and get rid of stubborn bacteria.
To use, you can go in the shower and apply a small handful of scrub to wet hair. Then gently work the mixture into my scalp. Don’t expect your scrub to foam up like shampoo. The coconut oil will melt some, making your scrub a little less solid, but since there’s no soap it won’t get foamy. Let the scrub sit for several minutes, then shampoo and condition like normal.
Scalp Scrub Recipe:
- ¼ cup Himalayan pink salt ground
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon Manuka honey
- 15 drops essential oil of your choosing I love grapefruit essential oil
- If you can only find coarse sea salt, grind about 1/2 cup salt in a clean coffee grinder until you have a semi-fine texture (a few coarse pieces are okay).
- Combine everything in a small bowl and stir. Transfer to an airtight container.
- To use, wet your hair and gently scrub a tablespoon sized amount into your scalp using your fingertips (don’t expect the scrub to foam like soap). Let it sit for 5-10 minutes before rinsing with warm water.