A delicouse creamy cashew pumpkin pasta, kids favorite!
This recipe is mildly sweet, wonderfully creamy, full of healthy ingredients for our kids (and us!), is filling and obviously seasonal now. And to top that, it’s super simple to make. You can use pumpkin, butter squash or acorn squash, all turn out great. You can use any type of pasta but if you want to make it extra healthy, try using soba noodles, which are made from 100% buckwheat flour, or other whole food noodles.
- 16 ounce – pasta, shapes
- 1 1/4cup – Pumpkin, raw
- 1 1/2cup – cashews, raw
- 1 teaspoon – nutmeg
- 1/2teaspoon – salt
- 1 tablespoon – olive oil
- 1 teaspoon – sesame oil
- 1/2cup – pumpkin seed kernels
- 1 tablespoon – basil, fresh
- Place the pumpkin (skin removed) in a pot with boiling water, and cook until it is soft (soft enough so you can mash it with the back of a fork) I personally prefer to steam, as it is more healthy… It should take about 20 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, place the cashews in a bowl with hot boiled water and soak for 10 minutes.
- When the pumpkin has softened enough, remove it from water and place it along with the drained cashews, the nutmeg and the salt in a blender, and blend until it reaches a smooth and creamy texture.
- Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer instructions on the box. A couple minutes before the pasta is about to be ready, heat a large skillet with one tablespoon olive oil and one teaspoon sesame oil, add the pumpkin sauce in and mix, then drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Mix to make sure all pieces are nicely coated with the pumpkin sauce. Serve warm, optionally with some pumpkin seeds and basil leaves on top.
Enjoy your healthy seasonal meal!
Can you feel the summer drifting off and making place for the beautiful, colorful Autumn?
Feels like a good time to recharge, relax and rejuvenate your skin! At Pure Natural Salon you promised to have the all-natural experience! ❤