Whats are eczema triggers and treatments?
Why do some people get eczema when others do not?
Genetic predisposition, immune system weakness and/or overload, and stress all have an effect.
“But the root issue involved with eczema is almost always underlying digestive weakness. Even if you donʼt experience tummy upset, your digestive system may be impaired due to poor diet, stress, or other factors.” (Source: The Eczema Cure, emphasis mine)
why dermatologists can’t cure eczema?
The conventional treatments for eczema include: steroid creams, non-steroid petroleum based lotions, antihistamines, and anti-itch medicines. These medications work with varying degrees of success, but typically after a variable period of time, eczema flares again.
These treatments fail because stopping the rash does not resolve the reason why the rash is happening in the first place. Eczema is a reflection of a deeper, internal imbalance typically originating from poor digestion. Creams and medicines to make the skin clear, dont treat the internal issues .It makes it look better, and you may feel better for a short period of time – but ultimately the underlying issues must be healed.
3 Foods That Often Trigger Eczema
1. Wheat, and any food containing gluten
WHAT TO WATCH FOR: Barley, rye and any oats not specificallylabeled as gluten-free. Here are some surprising ways you can get “glutened.”
- Foods that don’t list gluten anywhere on the label. Gluten is used as a stabilizing agent in products such as ketchup and ice cream. But don’t always expect to see it on a food’s ingredient list: If it’s used in the manufacturing process, it’s often not mentioned on the label of the product.
- Personal care and beauty products. Shampoos, soaps, deodorants, lipsticks, lotions, all-natural hair sprays and even things like hand sanitizer often contain gluten in the form of wheat germ oil, hydrolized wheat protein, oats, hydrolized oat protein, textured plant protein, etc.
- Vitamins and supplements. Nearly 25% contain or are contaminated with gluten.
- Bulk bins. Those addictive dried mangos or raw walnuts may be sitting in a bin that previously held cereal, oats or cornmeal.
Some may find it helpful to eliminate all dairy temporarily, while others may find that they do well with raw dairy. Except in the cases of extreme allergy, dairy can often be reintroduced after some healing has taken place.
Corn and corn-containing products
Like gluten, corn is found in more foods than you might think. If you find you are extremely sensitive to corn, you may also react to corn-fed meat and poultry, as well as most processed foods that contain ingredients such as cornstarch, citric acid, dextrin, maltodextrin or dextrose .
There are two ways to identify and address dietary triggers for eczema – allergy testing and/or elimination diets.
Many of you have reported amazing results using Pure’s Eczema Treatment Cream for babies or adults. sending photos and really being happy with the results!
Using the cream on a clean and dry skin, together with avoiding the triggers does a great job!
Thanks a lot to all your comments!