Edible gifts ideas which are easy to make and leave good impression!
When the holiday season is coming and we are looking for some nice, original gifts, I will always look for something hand made, with a story behind it and not a manufacture gift.
Here are some great ideas for edible gifts you can make yourself!
- Spices– Mix some spices together in a nice mazon jar or bottle like this Italian herbs mix:
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- Vinegar Jars – a great gift in a beautiful bottle! Blueberry balsamic vinegar
4 cups fresh blueberries or frozen and thawed
1 quart balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Lime peel cut in strips from 1 lime (green part only, the pith imparts a bitter flavor)
1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- In a large non-reactive saucepan, crush blueberries with a potato masher or back of heavy spoon.
- Add vinegar, sugar, lime and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Cool slightly and pour into a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for two days to allow flavors to blend.
- Place a wire mesh strainer over a large bowl. Place a triple layer of cheese cloth in strainer.
- In batches, ladle blueberry mixture into strainer, pressing out as much liquid as possible. Discard solids.
- Pour vinegar into sterilized glass bottles or jars; refrigerate, tightly covered, indefinitely.
Makes about 5 1/2 cups.
- Nuts– Roast some nuts and put them in a nice jar! Everybody loves it like these Christmas roasted almonds:
- 1 pound almonds (about 3 1/2 cups)
1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamonMix everything together and roast in a pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes
And if you add it to Pure’s selection of hand made natural gifts you can be sure your friends and family will remember your gift always!
(happy healthy kids)