The holidays are notorious for sugary treats. From the office Christmas party to the family cookie exchange, everyone loves to bake and share their favorite creations…to balance all that try this super-healthy, even slimming, holiday smoothie creation:
naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free.
- 1 cup homemade almonds milk (or store, unsweetened one)
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled, sliced .
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon fresh, grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon molasses/maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Start by adding the liquid to your blender, followed by the soft fruit and Blend until the smoothie is creamy.
(NOTE: Nutritional information is going to vary based on the almond milk you use and is not included in the information below.)
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Calcium: 1% RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance)
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Vitamin A: 6% RDA
- Vitamin C: 27% RDA
This smoothie is also a rich source of folate, vitamin B2 – B6, copper, magnesium, manganese and potassium.
Serving Size: One.