Garlic and honey have been known for their amazing health properties over the centuries, here is why:
- Garlic is an anti cancer food. It contains innumerable anti carcinogenic properties and antioxidants that prevent formation of cancerous substances, inhibiting the growth of tumours. Studies have found that a diet rich in Garlic prevents various cancers such as the colon cancer, breast cancer and prostate cancer.
- The antioxidant properties of Garlic lower t total cholesterol level.
- Garlic has the ability to stabilize blood pressure levels because of a substance in it – Allicin.
- Raw garlic acts as a natural antibiotic .Protects the body from invasion of bacteria and viruses.
- Garlic taken in conjunction with whole grains appear to increase the body’s absorption of iron and zinc.
- Loaded with allicin and selenium, Garlic enhances bile production that reduces the fatty liver condition. It’s also a good liver cleanser.
- Honey is antibacterial, because the bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide
- It is highly antiseptic and antitoxic, making it a ‘times immemorial’ wound and skin healer.
- Honey may be useful in minimizing seasonal allergies.
- Honey may be a preferable treatment for cough, sore throat and sleep difficulty.
- A study found that Manuka honey may prevent radiation-induced dermatitis in breast cancer patients.
How to make garlic honey tonic
Chop a whole head of garlic. . Put in a mortar and pound until the garlic begins to go transparent. Spoon into a jar with 225g of honey. Stir well, seal and label.
You can use garlic honey for:
•Cuts and grazes
Take half a teaspoonful daily as a tonic or preventative. For acute infections, take half a spoonsful up to six times daily. This can be taken directly, or with ginger and lemon tea or apple cider vinegar.
( Our advises are not in any case a medical treatment and you should always advise your doctor for severe cases)
* Inspiration:Natural news blog