The season change is a good time for immune boosting!
The “father of medicine,” Hippocrates, once said “let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” It is so darn easy to boost and support your immune system with food!
Pumpkins are a great super food to help boost your immune system. Rich in antioxidants, beta carotene, and vitamins C and E and the requisite pumpkin pie spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, ginger, and cloves) all have antiseptic and antibacterial properties, making them perfect for this smoothie.
Ingredients for Immune Boosting Smoothie:
- 4 frozen bananas (easiest is to freeze them already sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2-4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1-2 cups of coconut milk (you can substitute water or another non-dairy milk, but avoid using dairy milk as dairy causes the production of phlegm)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil to get more omega 3′s and fatty acids
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp. fresh turmeric root (or ½ tsp.dried powder)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp. cloves powder
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a blender, combine 1 cup coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk) with all of the other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth , drink and enjoy!