Oatmeal breakfast power bowl
Winter is knocking on the door, time for a comfort, warming food and feeling the holiday season getting closer!
The magic of this breakfast starts with making vegan overnight oats before bed
You start making the overnight oats before bed as usual and in the morning throw the soaked oat mixture into a pot and heat it up for a couple minutes. That’s all it takes! Since we’re already soaking the oats and chia seeds overnight, the work is done for you as you sleep.
Now all we have to do is heat it up for a minute or two. Then you scoop it into a bowl and throw on some toppings. In 5 minutes flat, you have an incredibly satisfying, nourishing bowl of oatmeal ready to start your day. It looks like a fancy bowl of oatmeal fit for a crunchy breakfast cafe. And that makes me very happy.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- heaping 1/3 cup rolled oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground flax (optional, see note)
- For garnish: soaked almonds, pepita seeds, hemp hearts, cinnamon, toasted coconut, nut butter, spices (cinnamon, ginger, allspice)
- The night before: Grab a medium bowl and mash the banana until smooth. Now stir in the chia, oats, cinnamon, milk, and water until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning: Scoop the oat mixture into a medium pot. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat immediately to medium-low, and stir frequently until heated throughout and thickened. At the end of cooking, stir in flax (optional).
- Pour oats into bowl. Garnish with your desired toppings. Get cozy!
Notes: 1) The ground flax is optional because it creates a bit of a strange texture (almost like a flax egg) in this oatmeal. I don’t mind it, but some people might. So if you think you will, just leave it out or sprinkle some ground flax on top instead. 2) I love topping my oats with spices – a pinch of cinnamon, ground ginger, and allspice create my perfectly spiced bowl.
Its also time to change your skin care routine for more nourishing and rich products.
For an intensive, super smooth feel, apply this nutritional multi-vitamin serum which contains a mixture of best oils such as pomegranate , rose hip, jasmine and more. Also contains Acai fruit extract which is a great antioxidant fruit to protect skin from environment damages.
Moisturizing, nutritious, anti-aging and helps create an even skin tone. Very rich with shea butter,vitamin E, the best combination of oils to help reduce pigmentation on the skin.
With more then 70% Shea butter, which provides the skin with essential fatty acids and the nutrients necessary for collagen production