VEGAN CREAMY CHOCOLATE-AVOCADO ICE CREAM
This Vegan Creamy Chocolate Ice Cream is not only super chocolaty, no churn, and delicious, but is healthy for you!
I’m sure we’ve all seen the avocado in chocolate and maybe thought “uh” but I thought I was finally up to the challenge. I can now honestly say that this was one of the best ice creams I’ve had! Intrigued yet? Let me describe it.
You can’t taste the avocado. Really, you can’t. I won’t say it tastes exactly like ice cream made with egg yolks and heavy cream (d-uh) but the avocado is the healthy fat substitute since the ice cream needs fat so it can be nice and creamy. It adds a lightness to the ice cream.
And let me not forget, this ice cream IS healthy. Yup! Every ingredient adds a health benefit, from antioxidants, to all the crazy healthy fats of the avocado, to the coconut milk. That means I won’t judge you if you eat it all for dessert.
- 1 – 13.5 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted (4.5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- Vegan hot fudge, for drizzling
- Vegan Sprinkles, for sprinkling on top
- Add the avocado and coconut milk to a food processor/blender and pulse together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blending for about 2 minutes until smooth and incorporated, scraping down the bowl once.
Ice Cream Machine
- Place all ice cream base into a freezer-safe container in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set up before freezing.
- Freeze the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s instructions for your machine.
- Place all ice cream base into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer and allow to freeze for 1 hour.
- Whisk slightly every 20 minutes to avoid it getting too icy for 3-4 hours. It should be getting thicker after each whisking, until it’s firm enough to scoop.
- To eat: serve immediately or when you are ready for it (after it’s been in the freezer), thaw for 5-10 minutes and scoop with an ice cream scoop.
- You can optionally add hot fudge and sprinkles on top.