Why the beauty world has fallen for jade rollers again?
Having racked up a huge number of hashtags already, it’s likely you’ve spotted a green jade roller or two on your Instagram feed in recent months. But what are they, and why is everyone using them?
The beautiful green stone has long been a symbol of peace, harmony and beauty. Jade jewelry is often worn to bring the energy from nature and Earth to revitalize and recharge your aura.
Jade Rolling has been used for centuries in ancient Chinese medicine. The gemstone has been used to draw out negative energy and balance your ‘chi.’ Naturally cool and smooth, jade was used on Chinese royalty to retain good spirits. Interestingly, Jade Rolling has some incredible benefits that have been proven by scientific research!
Benefits of Jade Rolling:
Helps with Lymphatic Drainage
Puffy morning face? A Jade Roller can help with draining the extra fluid that collects around your eyes and cheeks. Lymphatic fluid is waste that is flowing out of your lymph nodes and needs to be returned back to the cardiovascular system. Massaging around the eyes has been a common treatment for chronic sinus and immune issues for years!
Reduces Under Eye Darkness
‘Tis the season of waking up before the sun rises. Plus, with a to-do list that gets longer every day, it isn’t surprising if you are waking up with dark circles. Although yes, sometimes darker pigmentation is genetic, you can deal with the awful bags and darkness combo with Jade Rolling. The cooling sensation can make the underlying blood vessels smaller.
Anyone who has ever had a professional facial can attest to the amazing feeling of getting your face massaged. Why are face massages so crucial? Putting pressure on certain points of your face can relieve tension. Think about all the teeth clenching, squinting, and straining you do all day. The pressure the jade puts on certain angles of your face can help with loosening up your facial muscles!
There are so many benefits of increased blood flow. The best one, in my humble opinion, is definitely the healthy-flushed skin that results from weekly Jade Rolling. Moreover, other incredible benefits include: anti-aging properties, less stress, the appearance of being more rested, and soothing inflamed acne!
How do you use a jade roller?
A jade roller is most effective when used with your favorite skin serum, oil or mist because it helps the moisturizer fully absorb into the skin. It’s a simple process. Here’s a quick rundown of the technique.
- Start by applying the product to your face. Add more while rolling if needed.
- Then pick one side of your face to start with. Put the roller in the middle of your forehead and roll outward and toward your ear. The roller is moving lymphatic fluid to the ears or collarbone, which are the two drainage points.
- Continue rolling on the same side of the face, starting each time from the center. Use the small stone to roll outward around your eyes and down your nose (this helps move out congestion if you have sinus issues). Continue to roll outward from your nose, lips and chin.
- When you get down to your jawline and neck, push outward and then down toward the collarbone.
- Repeat on the other side of your face, starting again in the middle of the forehead.