About 60% of what you put on your skin is absorbed in your body!
Our skin is the largest organ in our body.
It is estimated that up to 60 percent of the products you put on your skin are absorbed and eventually reach the bloodstream. This becomes a scary statistic when you consider that most traditional beauty products or makeup contain chemicals that are not only toxic to humans, are also carcinogens. With regular use, your body absorbs these artificial additives which can make you sick. When your body is sick, the appearance of your skin suffers; you look less healthy and radiant.
Besides being bad for your overall health, the synthetic chemicals in cosmetics and beauty products may also be bad for your skin. cosmetic use should not trigger a breakout of acne or any other skin problem. If this does occur, it is likely that you are reacting to an ingredient in the product. By using natural products, you reduce your risk of this kind of reaction. Traditional products fill your skin cells with these chemicals, which prevents them from operating and their best and therefore prevents them from looking their best.
Today, many cosmetic companies advertise their products under the heading “natural”or “chemical free makeup”, when the actual products also contain lots of chemicals that may harm the body such as talc, mineral oil, coal, asphalt, asbestos fibers.
Also added to this list containing artificial colors and heavy metals cancer.
Just a short list of chemicals founded in cosmetics:
SLS- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
– Builds up in heart, lungs, brain and liver from skin contact and may cause damage to these organs. may cause hair to fall out. Damages immune system. Impairs proper structural formation of young eyes Found in toothpaste, soap, shampoo, body wash, bubble bath, facial cleansers.
– theres a link between aluminum and breast cancer. Its use in deordorants blocks the pores of the skin preventing toxins from being excreted. The toxins then go to the closest fat reserve: the breasts.Heavy concentrations may be linked to Alzheimer’s dementia.
Mineral Oil/ parabans
– Uses as a preservative to longer shelf life. It forms an oily layer on the skin and traps moisture under the skin thus preventing the skin from breathing. At the same time, it stops toxins and wastes from escaping. Causes testicular tumors in the fetus prevent absorption of vitamin A from the intestines. Found in blush, baby oil, lotions, foundation and creams.
– behind this simple word hide 200 chemical products that are unabashedly unlisted. Some problems cause by these chemical products are: headaches, dizziness, hyper-pigmentation, violent cough, vomiting and skin irritation. These materials are among the most common allergic causes. 95% of the chemicals used are compounds of Petroleum. They are poisoning and can lead to different types of cancer, birth defects, irregularities in the nervous system, and responses to various allergies..
– resulting from the distillation of coal to give texture and color Can contain a variety of toxins (benzene, xylene, naphthalene), recognized for causing allergic reactions, asthma attacks, headaches, nausea, fatigue, nervousness, lack of concentration and cancer.
What can you do in order to avoid these toxic ingredients? switch to natural & safe cosmetics!