Turmeric is in everything these days, and with good reason: it’s got beauty superpowers and a strong natural antibiotic!
Though turmeric is found in many southeast Asian dishes, t’s actually a long-standing South Indian spice that’s been trusted for a multitude of uses. Not only is it a flavoring and coloring agent, but he also says it’s a medicinal and beautifying herb. In fact, he notes it has been scientifically proven as an anti-inflammatory that soothes redness and itchiness.
Turmeric manages microorganism growth on the skin, helping ward off acne-causing acne bacteria and prevents other infections from spreading, It also contains powerful antioxidant properties, balances sebum secretion, and helps clean out pores.
Here are some recipes to use this great root in:
This turmeric smoothie combines hydrating coconut water with skin-loving pineapple for a healthy morning wake-up.
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse together. Serve immediately, topped with a squeeze of lime.
Turmeric Acne Mask
Naturally antiseptic and antibacterial, turmeric and honey soothe inflamed skin and acne.
- Organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of organic, raw honey (preferably Manuka honey)
Apply vinegar to a cotton ball and swipe all over the skin. Wait about five minutes before you apply the mask.
Mix the turmeric powder with the honey. Use your clean hands to apply the mask, avoiding the eye area. Let the mask sit for 15-20 minutes then rinse with warm water. If the turmeric powder leaves a yellowish tint on the skin, use a milk-soaked cotton ball to go over stained areas. Repeat mask twice a week.
Glowing Skin Face Mask
- 2 tablespoons of flour. You can use regular flour, rice flour or ground oats if your skin is dry.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons milk. You can also use yogurt to fight acne.
- A few drops of honey (any kind will work, but manuka is especially good for acne)
- Apply a thin layer to your face and let it dry for 20 minutes
- Rinse off in the shower, scrubbing gently to remove.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer.
Lifting Face Mask
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Mix yolk, turmeric and oil together to make a paste. Apply to the face and let it dry for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
Always nice to pamper yourself at home! And for the full relaxing, all natural treatments, you are very welcome to book your spot at Pure Natural Salon!