Make Your Own Summer Facial Oil
Different oils have different properties and thus, different effects on your skin. If you don’t know which oil works the best for you, it’s time to find out! If you have a favorite oil, consider switching it up during the summer months. Sun can dry out the skin, causing some people to produce extra oil, and causing others to show signs of aging.
- Coconut oil: If you’re feeling drier than normal, coconut oil is your best friend. Known to soothe inflamed skin, it’s also a good oil to use when you’ve gotten a little too much sun.
- Hazelnut oil: If you are oilier than normal this time of year, hazelnut oil will moisturize without making you greasy. It also has astringent and antibacterial properties to keep any breakouts you may be experiencing in check.
- Jojoba Oil: This one can work well for a broad spectrum of skin types. What makes this oil perfect for summer is that it reduces water loss without completely blocking the transportation of vapor and gases. This helps your skin stay firm and taut.
Lets get it together and make your own facial oil!
- 50 ml of a carrier oil of your choice, such as coconut, hazelnut or jojoba
- 5-7 drops of essential oil of your choice
Wondering which essential oil to choose? Here are a few favorites:
- Neroli oil: Not only does it smell amazing, but it promotes relaxation! Its antibacterial properties make it a good choice for those with acne-prone skin, but it also works well for dry skin types.
- Carrot seed oil: This earthy smelling oil is stimulating and helps combat dry skin (which is why we put it in our Night Serum).
- Passion fruit seed oil: The high vitamin C and antioxidant content of this oil make it a great anti-aging oil.
Need a real intensive boost for your skin? – Try Pure Night Serum – The smooth and fresh feeling your skin will have in the morning is priceless!